none
A strange problem on a peer-to-peer windows 7 professional network RRS feed

• Question

• I have a peer-to-peer network of 6 machines. Two run Windows XP Pro, two Windows 7 Pro. Recently i added another two running Windows 7 pro. One machine (an i7 system) that acts as a server, shares a folder that contains a program that runs under Dos standards. All the rest access this shared folder (the net name is G:) and run the executable file. What happened recently is that one of the two new added systems was not used for sometime (about 3 hours) and when the user tried run the program, it kicked out all the rest of the computers (working or idling) exempt the one acting as the server. Even after rebooting the server acting machine and the rest of the workstations computers the connection to the net shared folder could not be established again for some time. Does anyone had maybe a similar experience. Could this be a problem related to the autodisconnect parameter and it what way ?     Thank You.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:57 PM

Answers

• You will need to ask this question on the Windows forum.  This category is specifically for TechNet Event, sorry we cannot help with this one in here.
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:22 PM