none
MDT 2012 Update 1 Compatabile with ConfigMgr 2012 RTM?

Question

• Is MDT 2012 Update 1 Compatabile with ConfigMgr 2012 RTM? or is their a prerequisite I'm missing.

On my test machine after updating to MDT 2012 Update 1, and I try and create a new MDT task sequence in ConfiogMgr, I'm gettign the below error.

Started processing.
    Existing boot image C0100001 will be used.
    Existing MDT toolkit files package C0100060 will be used.
    Existing OS install package COP00005 will be used.
    Existing SMS client package C0100002 will be used.
    Existing USMT package C0100007 will be used.
    Existing settings package COP00009 will be used.
    Customizing task sequence.
    Task sequence customization completed.

Importing task sequence into Configuration Manager.
    Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.

Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.SmsConnectionException: Failed to validate property Type. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Failed to validate property Type.
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)
       at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)
       at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data)

EDIT:

Correction I have indeed installed CU1

• Edited by -Johno- Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:15 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi have you tried to remove the "ConfigMgr Integration" and the re-add it again to see if this resolve the issue...?
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:33 AM
  • Just stumbled across this error myself.

Apparently MDT 2012 Update 1 works with ConfigMgr 2007 and 2012 according to this link.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:48 PM
  • This is happening to me as well.  Anyone have any ideas?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ConfigMgr Integration.

Julian

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Just had the same issue running Configuration Manager 2012 CU 1 and MDT 2012 Update 1.  Fixed it by dropping back to MDT 2012 withOUT update 1.  Now we can integrate an MDT task sequence.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Yeah, actually now that you mention it, this only broke for me after I installed CU 1.  Possible conflict with MDT 2012 Update 1?

Julian

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Yes I've tried removing and re-adding the "ConfigMgr Integration". I had also installed CU1, so not RTM.

For the moment I've uninstalled MDT 2012 Update 1 and reinstalled MDT 2012.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:18 AM
  • Opened a bug on Connect (Bug: 759201).

Microsoft resolved and confirmed "that this is a bug in MDT 2012 Update 1. We have also produced a fix, and are working to get it out as soon as possible."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Can we get an update on this "Bug" or at a minimum a manual fix process?
    Monday, September 10, 2012 2:50 PM
  • I e-mailed Michael Niehaus about this, and received this response:

---

It’s still being tested.  I’m not sure when that testing will be complete and when all the release requirements will be satisfied, hopefully within the next couple of weeks though.

-Michael

---

... wish there were some sort of manual workaround in the meantime... sigh...

Julian

Monday, September 10, 2012 3:03 PM
  • Yea... no kidding!  Is Wally Mead out there anywhere?  Could really use an update!  Wally.... Wally......
    Monday, September 10, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Wally's answer is that this is not a ConfigMgr issue so is completely outside his (or the ConfigMgr product team's) focus and scope of control or influence. Only someone from the MDT team can provide any guidance as the bug is within MDT.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:26 PM
  • OK!  Was worth a shot.  Anyone else on the MDT team able to provide a temporary fix for us out here?

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:41 PM
  • Ferrell,

You are probably better off posting on the MDT version of this thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdt/thread/32e46534-b485-464d-aa81-a376fafdffa9

Julian

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:45 PM
  • The MDT team is aware of the issue, and we are working on a fix as soon as possible.

Most likely this will involve us updating the *.msi packages on http://download.microsoft.com.

In the mean time, you can use MDT 2012 with SCCM 2012 CU1.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Installing SCCM 2012 CU1 along with MDT 2012 Update 1 produces the same problem as shown at the top of this post.  I just noticed at the bottom of the original post that he indeed installed CU1 as well with the same results.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Note that the fix for this has now been released.  See http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2012/09/19/mdt-2012-update-1-has-been-updated.aspx.

Thanks,
    -Michael Niehaus
    Senior Product Marketing Manager, Windows Deployment
    http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus
    mniehaus@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:54 PM