Checking if a row is expanded from a column group in a matrix RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm creating a simple database error log report based around a matrix and a subreport. The matrix has the date and hour of the error in the matrix row group (where the date expands to show the hours within), and the column group shows the number of errors (either by date or by hour, depending on whether the report is drilled down or not) and the average logging time.

When you click on the number of errors, it jumps to a subreport which gives details of those errors. When drilled down to each hour, this works fine, but when I try to view all the errors on a certain date (i.e. when the report is collapsed) it just shows the errors from the first hour.

The parameters I pass to the subreport are the date and the hour (seperately, so the date is just dd/MM/yyyy and the hour is an integer). I've tried to solve the problem by specifying in the Jump to Subreport expression that it should only pass a valid hour if the report is expanded (by using the InScope function), but because the cell I'm jumping from is in the column group, it can't seem to see the scope of the rowgroup. I'm not sure if that makes any sense!

What I want it to do is pass the subreport the hour value when the report is expanded, and pass it a dummy value (999) when the report is collapsed. At the moment the column group always seems to think the report is collapsed, hence it always passes 999. I'd imagine the InScope function is the one to use, but I'm not sure how to use it in this context.

Thanks,

Peter

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:42 AM