none
Difficulty of connecting RRS feed

• Question

• Same issue than Matthieu T.  I do have a trial version onto my office 365 premium, but cannot access to it.  Wait for the answer as well.

Plus, when I succeed to add Project active, then I get the response : conflict between sharepoint online (plan 1) and sharepoint (plan online 2).   When I go to install Project somewhere else, then I am told that I already have an license under my company.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi MAtthias,

In O365 admin center, you have to go to your username, open the licences section and remove the SharePoint plan 1. Project Online license already includes the SP plan 1, so you have a redundancy which prevents from activating the Project Licence.

Once SP plan 1 licence removed and Project Online Pro/Premium added, it should work.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:29 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I've got same problem as Matthias. Your resolution does not work for our company. When I uncheck SharePoint Online Plan 1, Project Online Essentials still does not allow to create projects on the website.

See attached screenshots.

• Edited by Niels19771 Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:54 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Hi,

First of all, you are on the new HOME page of Project, with the following url: https://project.microsoft.com/. This page allows creating either a project (in PWA) or a roadmap which is a new product part of Project Online.

Project Online PWA landing page is : https://TENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa

Then the second comment is that the Essentials licence DOES NOT allow users creating projects. This first level licence is for consulting tasks, assignments, project site and doing timesheets. In order to create/update projects, you need the professional or premium licence.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:14 PM