Empty Redirected Recycle Bin After logoff in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I have 6 redirected folders Desktop,My Documents,Downloads,My Music,My Pictures,My Videos. They are having their own Recycle Bin. If user deletes any file, they resides in these recycle Bin. If user forget to empty this, thin the space will be consumed more in NAS.

Is there any way to empyt these redirected folder Recycle Bin from any way (logoff script, registry etc). I did checked with NukeOnDelete and MaxCapacity. But this will remove files immediately without moving to Recycle Bin by liveraging its use.

If we have any forum opened please direct me.

pmm

Monday, January 27, 2014 5:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I can tell, these is no "official" Microsoft supported way of doing this. You may try deleting c:\$Recycle.Bin and the other is scripting cleanmgr.exe to run at each user logon.

Regarding emptying recycle bin you can configure some script as scheduled task or deploy it as logoff script, here are some samples:

Empty users’ Recycle Bin with PowerShell and GPO

How to Clean recycle bins in re-directed home folders on File Server

Please Note: Since the site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, February 10, 2014 5:20 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I can tell, these is no "official" Microsoft supported way of doing this. You may try deleting c:\$Recycle.Bin and the other is scripting cleanmgr.exe to run at each user logon.

Regarding emptying recycle bin you can configure some script as scheduled task or deploy it as logoff script, here are some samples:

Empty users’ Recycle Bin with PowerShell and GPO

How to Clean recycle bins in re-directed home folders on File Server

Please Note: Since the site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, February 10, 2014 5:20 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Thanks Blair. Unfortunately these scripts clrearing C:\SRecycle Bin and D:\Recycle Bin. I wanted only to clear Recycle Bin in redirected folders.

pmm

Friday, January 31, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Hi Pratap Mahale,

Based on my deep research,  there is no offical way to achieve what you are looking for.

If you need assistance in scripting, try asking this question in the forum below:

The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

Monday, February 3, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Thanks Blair for the information. I raised the flag in Scripting guys forum.

pmm

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:51 AM