none
how to use MAP to get CALs license RRS feed

• Question

• i want to use MAP detect CALs license on windows sever, exchange, SQL sever. can i use MAP to detect, how?
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• See the Getting Started Guide for a list of supported server products for getting CAL info. For Windows Server, SQL Server, and SharePoint Server CAL info you need to enable logging on the supported servers and then import and parse those logs after they have been collecting the data for long enough. We recommend 90 days but you can work out the amount of logging that will be acceptable with your licensing professional. You can read how to configure the event logging in Section 1 of the Getting Started Guide. Exchange, SCCM, and Forefront Endpoint Protection will have data without importing logs by simply choosing those inventory scenarios in the wizard.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:12 PM
  • I only want to check usage of Windows Server CAL and Remote Desktop Service CAL in my AD environment, but it won't work with MAP 9.1. Did I miss something?
    Friday, October 3, 2014 6:00 AM