Outlook 2019 Pro plus new theme RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, is there ANY way to have the new theme available in the 365 version? I very like it but after i installed office plus 2019 it is missing.
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi JimmyJimm,

Do you install Office 2019 on a new PC? 

We can change the theme of Office via File > Options > General > Office Theme.

If you mean custom ribbon or view settings, these settings are not synchronized. We may have to set it manually in the new client.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 14, 2018 8:24 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 2:11 AM
  • I want to have this UI theme, however i still see themes from office 2016, how to get that below theme?:

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 14, 2018 9:54 AM Remove email address
    Friday, December 14, 2018 8:20 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

This is a new feature called Simplified Ribbon. To enable it, we can click the downward pointing caret in the lower right corner of the full, classic ribbon to collapse it to the Simplified Ribbon.

Reference: Use the Simplified Ribbon

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 14, 2018 9:57 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 9:05 AM
  • i do not see it, look where it is? Thats how it is on my side:

• Edited by JimmyJimm Friday, December 14, 2018 9:56 AM
    • Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 17, 2018 4:27 AM remove personal email address
    Friday, December 14, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

You click this small arrow:

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 14, 2018 9:57 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 9:56 AM
  • I cliked that and have this now which seems not to be what i wanted

Friday, December 14, 2018 10:02 AM
  • any feedback?
    Friday, December 14, 2018 6:17 PM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

Sorry to reply late. The test machine for Outlook 2019 has some problems today so I'll test this tomorrow here and update the results to you.

According to the content in this official article, this feature is also applied to Outlook 2019. Please provide the screenshot including the buttons below: (To protect personal information, please remember to remove all your personal information like email address or company information before posting.)

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2019?

We can try repairing Office to see if it helps. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 17, 2018 5:08 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 5:08 AM
  • repair doesnt help, thats how it look:

Monday, December 17, 2018 9:04 AM
  • I cliked that and have this now which seems not to be what i wanted

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the screenshot when the small arrow becomes the downward pointing caret?

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2019? You could see this via File > Office Account > About Outlook.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:30 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 9:24 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

The test machine works today. When I tested this issue on Outlook 2019 1811 Build(11029.20079), I can reproduce this situation as yours. What's the detailed version of Outlook 2019 on your side?

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:41 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

I create another environment (Outlook 2019 Pro Plus 1808 build (10339.20026)) and found that the simplified ribbon was also not applied. According to this official article, this function could be applied to Office 365.

Sorry to bring any inconvenience to you. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:30 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Is there any chance to get that theme?

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

Currently, I'm afraid that there is no such an option in Outlook 2019 to set that theme.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum to vote for a similar idea or post your own. (Although it writes about Outlook 2016, you can still post there.)

Thank for your understanding and support 😊

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:02 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi JimmyJimm,

I'm writing to see if the information answered your question? If it is useful, would you mind helping mark it as answer?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, December 21, 2018 9:22 AM