• i am trying to download windows 7 from msdn academic alliance site

i troubleshooted the problem and it said incompatible application

the download wont go past 1%

i am running it as a administrator

can anybody help please?? this is for school

Friday, September 2, 2011 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, then try to download it again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:57 AM

All replies

•                           this is the messege it gives me....
    An error has occured, if the problem persists please visit the web site and see the help section for more details and to contact support.

Unable to complete the download, which is typically caused by:

(a) an error in the configuration of the download package, usually due to a bad hosting location
    (b) no Internet connection found
    (c) Internet connection lost
    (d) a firewall or proxy server between the client station and hosting location, or
    (e) insufficient disk space to download.

Friday, September 2, 2011 2:29 PM
  • Did you use the list of possible causes as a checklist to verify that everything is OK in your system and try again the download?
    What about the result?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, September 2, 2011 10:25 PM
  • Just to be clear, you are trying to download Windows 7 from MSDN AA to a system running Windows 7, right? Please confirm if you're current operating system is also Windows 7,  thanks!
    Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | My first TechNet Wiki Article
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:46 PM
  • my operating system is windowa 7 and it would not allow me to download it, i get an error everytime, i have ruled out every error message

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

Please boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, then try to download it again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:57 AM