Outlook 2016 OAB downlaod error RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016. Since then i cannot download the OAB and the error is; 0x800401F: The operation failed. An object cannot be found.

When i had Office 2010 i had no issues, I have tried every option you can find even though they applied to earlier versions. There have been no changes to the exchange organization settings. Is there something I am missing in the configuration of Outlook 2016 when connecting to Exchange 2010 in cached mode?

I have created a new profile and this results in the same error. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you have the Outlook client computer configured to use proxy settings in Internet Explorer? If so, please check if you have the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" option enabled.

1. Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

2. On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.

3. Select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box, and then click Advanced.

4. Type the FQDN of the Exchange CAS server, and then click OK.

5. Restart Outlook.

If above doesn't help, please also try manually recreating the OAB file to see the result. To do this, renaming the Offline Address Books folder to .old when Outlook is closed. In general, we can find the OAB folder in the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:50 AM