Ops Mgr 2012 Beta - Azure Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Are there any enhancements to Ops Mgr's capability to monitor Windows Azure hosted services in the 2012 Beta? I can't seem to see any as yet.  Ideally I'd like to be able to install an agent onto the Azure VMs, discover our applications and monitor the event logs / performance counters directly. Being able to use the new AviCode features with Azure would be great.

Thanks!

Monday, July 25, 2011 3:43 PM

Answers

• The azure management pack is what it is - it is not related to a specific version of Operations Manager.  It works in Ops Manager 2007 and it works in the OM 2012 beta as well.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, August 5, 2011 5:24 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:07 PM
  •  

Hi,

Regarding Azure monitoring, I would like to share the following with you for your reference:

A Primer on Installing SCOM 2007 R2 and Windows Azure Application Monitoring

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walterm/archive/2011/02/14/adding-azure-application-monitoring-to-scom-2007-r2.aspx

Configuring Azure Diagnostics Performance Counter Monitoring in SCOM 2007 R2

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walterm/archive/2011/03/18/configuring-azure-diagnostics-performance-counter-monitoring-in-scom-2007-r2.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Thanks Nicholas - we're already monitoring several Azure applications using Ops Mgr 2007 R2.  I was just hoping that this capability would be enhanced in Ops Mgr 2012 Beta but based on Dan's posts this doesn't appear to be the case.  I've logged some feedback on Connect so hopefully we'll see some additional capabilities included in later releases.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:40 AM

All replies

• Nothing to announce here at this time.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:14 PM
  • Thanks Dan, so that means there's nothing new in this area compared to Ops Mgr 2007 R2 CU3?
    • Edited by NJC1 Monday, July 25, 2011 4:21 PM Clarification
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:16 PM
  • The azure management pack is what it is - it is not related to a specific version of Operations Manager.  It works in Ops Manager 2007 and it works in the OM 2012 beta as well.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:04 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:07 PM
  •  

Hi,

Regarding Azure monitoring, I would like to share the following with you for your reference:

A Primer on Installing SCOM 2007 R2 and Windows Azure Application Monitoring

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walterm/archive/2011/02/14/adding-azure-application-monitoring-to-scom-2007-r2.aspx

Configuring Azure Diagnostics Performance Counter Monitoring in SCOM 2007 R2

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walterm/archive/2011/03/18/configuring-azure-diagnostics-performance-counter-monitoring-in-scom-2007-r2.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Thanks Nicholas - we're already monitoring several Azure applications using Ops Mgr 2007 R2.  I was just hoping that this capability would be enhanced in Ops Mgr 2012 Beta but based on Dan's posts this doesn't appear to be the case.  I've logged some feedback on Connect so hopefully we'll see some additional capabilities included in later releases.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:40 AM
  •  

Thank you for your feedbacks.

In the future, if you experience any issues regarding our products or if you have any feedbacks, you are also welcome to post a new thread in our forum. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks again! Have a nice day!
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:55 AM