none
Missing Inventory options...

Question

• I just installed version 9.8 on Server 2012 and when I go to run my first Inventory I am missing half the options.  On the first page of the Inventory wizard I am missing options like Exchange.   I have about 10 boxes I can check off, however about half are just not showing

I've made sure .NET 4.5 and 3.5 are installed, and tried running a repair on the install and rebooted.   No change.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please send your log file and the error screenshot to mapfdbk@microsoft.com.

The log file should be present at “C:\Users\<current user profile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MAP\ MAP Toolkit”. 

Could you please also share the Operating system version, Screen resolution and type of platform(Virtual Machine/Physical Machine), so that we can proceed further with the investigation

Regards,
    MAP Toolkit Team 

Aditya Karanam

Monday, April 02, 2018 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please send your log file and the error screenshot to mapfdbk@microsoft.com.

The log file should be present at “C:\Users\<current user profile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MAP\ MAP Toolkit”. 

Could you please also share the Operating system version, Screen resolution and type of platform(Virtual Machine/Physical Machine), so that we can proceed further with the investigation

Regards,
    MAP Toolkit Team 

Aditya Karanam

Was a resolution found? I am having the same issue. Installed on Server 2012 R2 and it is missing a lot of the options including Powershell and Exchange.
    Friday, May 18, 2018 8:18 PM
  • Sorry, I did not get a fix for this.

I sent my logs and screenshot off as requested, but this is what MS came back with:

"We are not able to reproduce the same issue in our lab environment. 

Kindly request you to run MAP Toolkit in different Machine."

I ended up setting up a Windows 2008 R2 machine and ran the tool on that.  All the options were then available, I'm not saying its a Windows 2012 issue, but 2008 worked fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:03 PM
  • I ended up doing the same. its working fine on a Windows 2008 server but not on Windows Server 2012 R2. Luckily we have one available as we are migrating all of our servers to 2012 R2.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:49 PM
  • Very strange.   I find it odd that we both had this issue, yet MS could not reproduce the issue.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:46 PM