missing files RRS feed

• Question

• forgive me for asking, You'll get a laugh out of this one,1-I'm on windows ME and 2-I'm missing file urlmon.dll and 6.0.2900.3264.

what dose all this mean???????????

thanks,

pauletteelliott

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:45 PM

All replies

• You either have to find the file and deploy it back where is missing from. You can try online or from Windows Me CD. Or you can reinstall, but i would advise you to get a different windows. ME, is terrible.

Good Luck.

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:46 PM
  • The urlmon.dll file is used by Windows for "OLE" (Object Linking And Embedding), which is what Microsoft Office uses to incorporate various different objects into your documents.

To fix this error, you first need to replace the file that could be potentially corrupted. The main reason why Urlmon.dll causes problems is because it is unreadable by your system, so replacing the file with a fresh new copy could solve the issue. To do this, you must download a fresh version of the file from a website or from your Installation CD. Then you should replace the file in your C:/Windows/System32 folder. After that, restart your PC and see if it's worked.

If that does not work, then you should try running an OS repair using your WIN ME CD(but, cant remember if ME has repair option.just try!)

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:03 PM