Quarantine View in FPSMC RRS feed

• Question

• We've installed FPSMC to have a centralized location to view and act on spam in Quarantine. Do I need to deploy a policy package to just view Quarantined items in the console?

Orange County District Attorney

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The packages by themselves do nothing and they must be associated to a job to actually be deployed on the Agents. You can create a deployment job, signature redistribution job, schedule report job or product activation job. However, it seems that all of those are not related to your requirements. I assume that there is no need to create a package.

To manage quarantined data in FPSMC, we can also filter quarantined data to narrow the scope of the data that is displayed. In addition, you can release from the quarantined to deliver quarantined items to specified recipients. However, for whitelist, it seems that you need to do that in Forefront Protection for Exchange.

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:05 AM
    Monday, October 6, 2014 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In general, quarantined items are listed in the Quarantine View pane.

If you want to create a policy package to better view and manager the quarantined items, you can select the quarantine settings in the Policy Sections pane to create a package, and then deploy it to a job to schedule it.

More information:

FPSMC Operations

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:43 AM
  • My goal is to be able to see quarantined mail items (mostly SPAM) and then either

• delete them
    • release them
    • whitelist them

Would I need to create a policy package to do this?

Orange County District Attorney

Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Hi,

The packages by themselves do nothing and they must be associated to a job to actually be deployed on the Agents. You can create a deployment job, signature redistribution job, schedule report job or product activation job. However, it seems that all of those are not related to your requirements. I assume that there is no need to create a package.

To manage quarantined data in FPSMC, we can also filter quarantined data to narrow the scope of the data that is displayed. In addition, you can release from the quarantined to deliver quarantined items to specified recipients. However, for whitelist, it seems that you need to do that in Forefront Protection for Exchange.

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:05 AM
    Monday, October 6, 2014 5:16 AM