Connect to Outlook a Task list that has Tasks with Multiple users assigned RRS feed

• Question

• Using MOSS 2007 SP2 and Outlook 2007 SP2 

I go to a task list that has multiple users assigned to a task.

I setup the connect to outlook for this list, and in outlook I only see the tasks that have a single user assigned.

None of the multiple user assigned tasks are visable, is this how it is supposed to work?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I have tried what you do and the results are the same to you . You can divide the tasks into several tasks and assign each task individually .

For more information about tasks please refer to the site:

Create and track assigned tasks: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/create-and-track-assigned-tasks-HA001229368.aspx

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:27 AM
  • Thank you for the reply.  

Yes, I am sure it does the same for you, it does this on all 4 farms wwe have. 

My qusetion is is this the way it is supposed only show the tasks that are assinged to a single person and not those assigned to multiple people?

I am being told to fix this and every thing I try does nothing. 

The link you provided was for Outlook, is there similar information for SharePoint 2007 and tasks showing up in Outlook?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

This is by design with Outlook 2007. Outlook cannot sync tasks assigned to multiple people.

For more information you can refer to :

Connected items wont show up in outlook: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointgeneral/thread/7e845666-50c4-41c1-b775-2fd8095fda38

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    • Marked as answer by GGratto Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:12 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:50 AM
  • Thank you
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:12 PM