Cannot burn or install ISO -- md5 check? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a heck of a time trying to get the evaluation iso up and running.

Got around my first problem with IE9 constantly "looping" the "registration required" dialog. Had to download the iso with firefox. can someone try downloading it with ie9 to make sure im not crazy?

Downloaded the iso at two different locations and Windows Disc burner says "The Selected Disc Image file isn't valid."

Vmware and Hyper-V also crash while trying to install with the iso mounted.

can someone compare their working iso md5 with mine?

B6800B43C5E77C9AB901D0E47C6FD6E2

Thanks,

Jim

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:38 PM

Answers

• I have downloaded several different versions of the eval using IE9 with no issues.

We have verified that the hashes of the files on the download center are correct, so the files there are correct.

I have heard of another report of a customer having difficulties downloading the .ISO from within Russia.  The problem there was that their internet connection was getting dropped and they were only getting a couple hundred of megs downloaded and I suspect you might be encountering a similiar problem.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Thank scholltechbham for verifying you were able to successfully download WMS 2011 from the connect site.

I've since put all WMS 2011 languages on the Connect site and we've updated the Download Center and connect, pointing to Connect as an alternate mirror download site for those who are having difficulties with the DLC.

For these who need access to Connect, see the announcement at the top of this forum for more details.

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:04 PM

All replies

• md5: 695e8837174c5279af7f6b0e6844941a
    sha1: df176e97d23b4dfbffdc7111bfa550e16935ccfd

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 32-Bit?

If you have still having problems, try this link:

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/A/1/C/A1CB630F-F937-4D4B-B383-C4E3DE1F34A1/EN-US_WMS_PREM_EVAL_InstallDVD.iso

Regards,

Mikael.

Friday, March 25, 2011 4:41 AM
  • I have downloaded several different versions of the eval using IE9 with no issues.

We have verified that the hashes of the files on the download center are correct, so the files there are correct.

I have heard of another report of a customer having difficulties downloading the .ISO from within Russia.  The problem there was that their internet connection was getting dropped and they were only getting a couple hundred of megs downloaded and I suspect you might be encountering a similiar problem.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:18 PM
  • I downloaded a corrupt ISO and my MD5 sum matches micucci1127

I am trying the link from Mikael which id downloading using the akamai download manager activeX control.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Schooltechbham:  What size was the .ISO that you downloaded.  Was it anywhere near 3G?    Since my last post,  I have heard one other reports of a person in the Mid East having difficulty downloading.

But it was clear that the connection was failing since the size of their various download attempts was never more than a few hundred megs.  They said they were able to solve the problem by downloading using a download manager that allowed resume.

Out of curiosity, which country are you located in?  Wondering if problems like this are more prone to certain geographies.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

I am un the UK.  The ISO size was 3,365,917KB md5 matches micucci1127

I have had further issues using the akamai downloader.  I initially tried it using IE8 activex control version on Windows 7 Pro.

The problem I have is that the download sticks at 99% and will not budge.  Tried pausing and resuming.

Then tried using ie8 win7 starter edition at home using activex version on a different ISP (home isp rather than school isp) same results

tried it on windows xp activeX again with the 99% issue

then tried it using the java version of the akamai tool using firefox 4.0 with the same 99% issue.

I then renamed the .iso.dlm file to .iso and WinRAR opened the ISO (it also opened the previous corrupt iso's)  md5 is fbf321ff987b5e956daabea18ce664e0 (obviously does not match your md5) file size is 3,446,697,984 KB

With the previous corrupt iso image i could not open most of the files using WinRAR but on this latest download i can open all the files i attempted.

I will burn this iso and get back to you on whether the DVD boots or not

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:00 AM
  • update:

This latest download did not boot.  

Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi Schooltechbaum,

Sorry to hear about your continuing problems.  I am not sure what is causing the issues you are having but there is obviously something that is affecting your ability to get stuff from the Microsoft Download Center.

I've put a copy of the English eval .ISO on the Microsoft Connect Servers.  Hopefully you will have better luck getting it from these servers.  Connect has different servers, and they allow download via "Save to File" along with a build in "File Transfer Manager" that allows you to resume in case of interruption. If one method doesn't work, try the other method.    

Go to this url to join the WMS 2011 eval program.

https://connect.microsoft.com/wms/SelfNomination.aspx?ProgramID=6479&pageType=1

Ignore the current text saying that the beta is closed and to download from the Microsoft Download Center.  Instead, select "Download" from the connect site and try to download the .ISO from connect.

Please let me know if this works for you.  If so, I will work on updating the text on the Connect site and have that be an alternate location for people to download the WMS .ISOs if they have problems accessing the Microsoft Download Center.

• Proposed as answer by schooltechbham Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:10 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 11:44 PM
  • Thanks Mike, that new download url worked for me!!  MD5 matched too.  Many thanks for your help!

Monday, April 18, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Thank scholltechbham for verifying you were able to successfully download WMS 2011 from the connect site.

I've since put all WMS 2011 languages on the Connect site and we've updated the Download Center and connect, pointing to Connect as an alternate mirror download site for those who are having difficulties with the DLC.

For these who need access to Connect, see the announcement at the top of this forum for more details.

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:04 PM
  • md5: 695e8837174c5279af7f6b0e6844941a
    sha1: df176e97d23b4dfbffdc7111bfa550e16935ccfd

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 32-Bit?

If you have still having problems, try this link:

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/A/1/C/A1CB630F-F937-4D4B-B383-C4E3DE1F34A1/EN-US_WMS_PREM_EVAL_InstallDVD.iso

This version at least worked with the Windows 7 USB install tool, but I get the "Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing, or corrupt" which is better than the ISOs I downloaded from Connect that complained right away that they couldn't continue because of "Media Removal" and the Windows 7 USB install tool refused to even load the ISOs claiming they were invalid.  

Ugh...  I guess I will try to download from this link again and see if I can get a good ISO *this* time :(

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Hi,

I am un the UK.  The ISO size was 3,365,917KB md5 matches micucci1127

Here's your problem: the iso image was not padded to a DVD sector size (2 KB). The built-in Windows Disc Image burner checks that ISO images are aligned to DVD (CD) sector size (2 KB) to avoid burning other disc image format files which some people rename to .ISO (resulting in a garbage disc). I know you have not renamed your file, unfortunately the built-in Windows Disc Image burner cannot make the difference. I think you need to let the team publishing the said ISO image of the issue, and that they need to republish it with a padded size to 3,365,918KB.
    Soft. Dev. Eng. | User Experience Group | Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, November 21, 2011 7:31 PM
  • The published .ISOs should align with 2K and once downloaded should be burnable with the Win7 Windwos Disc Image burner.  If someone is experiencing problems with the image downloaded from the Download Center, it is recommended to try download the .ISO from connect. 

Connect seems to be more tolerant of any connection issues. So far, this seems to have fixed any issue people have encountered.  For more info, see the Alternate Download Location announcment at the top of this forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmultipointserver/threads

Monday, November 21, 2011 9:37 PM