Lync voicemail in Outlook shows as MP3 attachment instead of showing the player. How can we get the player back in the Outlook message? RRS feed

• Question

• We are on Lync 2010 Client and using Outlook 2010.  We have a user that gets voicemail messages as a MP3 attachment instead of showing the player in the message.  How can we get it back?
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:07 PM

All replies

• Is this only affecting a single user?  If so, then it sounds like the Outlook Exchange UM add-in is disabled.  This can happen if Outlook becomes unresponsive and is forced closed.  To re-enable add-ins within Outlook 2010, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins

Under the drop down menu, select "Disabled Items" and Click "Go"

Select the Add-in called "UmOutlookAddin.dll" and click "Enable".  You may need to close and re-open Outlook.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:58 PM
  • Phil Sharp is right.

I use outlook 2013. When I disabled Microsoft Exchange Add-in for outlook. I got the voicemail message as MP3 attachment. I think the Add-in name is similar for Outlook 2010.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:15 AM
  • Hi, I thought that was it as well and I think there is something to this about the add-in being broke, but this user doesn't have the add-in disabled.  And it is only a problem in her profile.  I logged in as another user on the same computer and the add-in functions normally.

Even though it's not disabled, the add-in is not visible/functioning properly.  What I mean is like the "Play on Phone" item located on the ribbon bar in a voicemail message is also not present. 

I'd like to avoid recreating the users profile....  Just odd this is happening, would like to find what is doing this...

Friday, August 2, 2013 3:21 PM
  • When you say the issue is specific to the user's profile, are you referring to the Outlook profile or the Windows profile?  I can understand not wanting to recreate the Windows profile, but that may be your only option.
    Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Sorry for not responding sooner, it is the Windows profile, not the Outlook profile...  Yeah, I think that's what I'll have to try....  Thanks, Pam
    Monday, August 19, 2013 9:35 PM