Updating Evaluation License RRS feed

• Question

•  

Could someone please direct me to a "how to install" guide for the non-evaluation license for SCCM 2007?  I only have 30 days remaining on my evaluation installation.

Much appreciated.

RM

Toronto, Ont

Canada

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:11 PM

Answers

• All you do is to run an Upgrade on the primary site server. It will reinstall it with the non-evaluation version (assuming that is what you are upgrading) and will preserve your site settings, data, etc.

No need to upgrade admin consoles, secondary sites, or clients. Only primary site servers need to be "upgraded".

Oh, and not sure how much documentation we have on this, I've not seen anything but honestly haven't looked hard for it.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 11:49 PM
  • ICP1 and ICP2 are two different/unique "international client packs". These give the ability to run the SCCM client, and see messages, in various languages. If you are english language only, you'd never need them.

Oh, and congrats on the successful upgrade. Not that I doubted it would work, it did for me as well :-)

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

• All you do is to run an Upgrade on the primary site server. It will reinstall it with the non-evaluation version (assuming that is what you are upgrading) and will preserve your site settings, data, etc.

No need to upgrade admin consoles, secondary sites, or clients. Only primary site servers need to be "upgraded".

Oh, and not sure how much documentation we have on this, I've not seen anything but honestly haven't looked hard for it.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 11:49 PM
  • Thank you Wally.  Just to make sure, the upgrade can be executed from the original downloaded software (posted on the web back in Oct 07) or do I need a non-eval SCCM installation CD provided by vendor?

Thanks a million!

Ramon

Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:22 PM
  • You can't use the eval code to upgrade from eval. You need a non-evaluation version of product to perform the upgrade.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 4:43 PM
  • And don't forget to reapply the hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945898/en-us after "upgrading".

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:45 AM
  • That would be correct. The "upgrade" would install the vesion that is included with it, which would be the flawed one. So yes, reinstall 945898 after an upgrade.

That would also include an upgrade from SMS 2003 to Configuration Manager.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:48 PM
  • Thank you gentlemen! All done.  Upgrade was inmaculate and ran without a glitch.  I am now running a non evaluation SCCM system in my environment.

I went ahead and installed the post RTM fix 945898. Please note that this download includes three separate files; I only installed the -ENU file.  I have no idea what the other 2 files (%-ICP1.EXE and %-ICP2.EXE) would be for.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:04 PM
  • ICP1 and ICP2 are two different/unique "international client packs". These give the ability to run the SCCM client, and see messages, in various languages. If you are english language only, you'd never need them.

Oh, and congrats on the successful upgrade. Not that I doubted it would work, it did for me as well :-)

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:39 PM