mail don't arrive when send to user to 2 mail adresses exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a SBS2008 with exchange 2007 and when someone from outside sends a mail to the user to 2 adresses (one email two adresses) on the exchange 2007 it arrive only on one adresses. The user has 2 mailadresses, user@domain.nl and user@seconddomain.nl
    the mail is traceable in tracelog from exchange. I can see one mail but I cannot find the other in the mailbox in outlook also not found in OWA.
    When the person sends two messages to that user, one with user@domain.nl and one with user@seconddomain.nl it works ok
    What could this be??

thanks,

Marc

MarcH

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Answers

• Are both addresses assigned to the same mailbox? If so there really isn't a 2nd message.

When the sender sends individual messages they each have a unique Message-ID. That's not the case for a single message sent to multiple recipients.

The Exchange information store will discard a message with an identical Message-ID sent to a mailbox that already contains that Message0ID value. That should create an event in the message tracking log that you can look for. IIRC, the event is "DUPLICATEDELIVER"

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by MarcHarms Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:55 PM