none
DPM eats up all my diskspace.. RRS feed

• Question

• I m running DPM 2012r2 in a lab environment and  works fine. But I have one issue, and that is that DPM allocated like 600 GB of data  for 6 machines that have. I have had more machines under Porotecion, for some time ago, that I deleted, and deleted the backup (Almost sure of it). Right now it only have System state backup. I took some screenshots show of how it looks. 

Monday, January 4, 2016 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

go to "Inactive Protection" and delete the Datasources (old Backup) than the disk will be free

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, January 4, 2016 6:16 PM
  • I only had one machine under inactive protection. I guess its impossible that, that many partitions is for 6 servers?

• Edited by abborre Monday, January 4, 2016 8:30 PM
    Monday, January 4, 2016 8:08 PM

• In windows explorer, go to your DPM installation directory (by default: c:\program files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\DPM\DPM\).
    In the installation directory, go to Volumes\Replica. Each sub-folder contains the NFTS mount points to all the volumes created by DPM, which can be related to the volume names you see in the Disk Manager with their GUID.
    If you go into each individual folder, you will be able to identify what they relate to, so it might make the cleanup process a little easier, by identifying what all those volumes contain.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:41 AM