none
Sending message to an offline user is missed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 
    I have implemented the Skype for Business 2015 and l have a problem with sending message to offline users.
    When a user sends a message to an offline user the following errors occur and the message is not sent 
    "the user can't receive IMS right now Status is unavailable or offline"

I did the mentioned instructions in this link 
    http://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1406/offline-messaging-now-available-in-skype-for-business
    But the problem is not solved and we still receive the same errors.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thank you so much.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• You SfB Client needs to be above certain version (16.0.3331.1000 ) in order to support this feature.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-offline-messaging-in-Skype-for-Business-ffdc6a43-71a1-40ee-bfcc-640d21324a3d

Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:01 PM
  • Hi MehdiHeidari,

Offline message is only supported for SFB 2016 client.

Based on my test, if UserA uses SFB 2015 and UserB uses SFB 2016, you can’t send offline message, if you want to send offline message, you need to make sure that both of your SFB client is SFB 2016, then you could send offline message.

As a supplement, if you use Skype for business offline message feature and the user’s mailbox is hosted in Exchange On-Premises, the Skype for Business client (2016 C2R build 16.0.6920.1000) is required, please refer to the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt756734.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Thank you for your answer.
    We dont use Click-to-Run Office products and use MSI Office product.

Also I Update Skype for Business in clients systems that last update is version 16.0.4456.1003
    The problem is not solved and offline messages can't be sent
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Thank You for you answer

my SfB Client version is 16.0.4266.1003. but offline messaging not work!!

We use MSI Office products

Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Hi MehdiHeidari,

Both your users use SFB 2016 client, is that right?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:25 AM
  • I have exactly same problem!

MSI Office 2016 (not click to run) latest patch + S4B updated to latest patch

any update?

• Edited by silverbios Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:43 AM