change the color of the screen when windows 7 is booting! RRS feed

• Question

• hi!

I am using windows 7 home basic service pack1.I had changed the color when windows 7 is booting to white color.now i want to change it to black color i have forgotten how to do it.

Help would be appreciated.

mahesh
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:24 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• hi,

Okay this is how it goes
    step 1.after i press the power on button a black screen with windows at the bottom of the screen comes up.
    step 2.Then the screen turns black and the cursor changes from pointed to a blue circle meaning it is trying to load windows.
    step 3.then i get a screen which asks me to enter the password.(i don't want to change that screen)
    step 4.after i enter the password and press the enter button the screen again turns completely white(not all the time i get to see the screen only sometimes)this is what i want to change 
    It was by default black which i changed it to white.I don't remember which windows settings i changed and i did not use any 3rd party software.
    step 5.then windows loads and i get to see the icons on the desktop and all the other programs loads.

The thing i mentioned in step 4 is what i want to change.i did not use any 3rd party software.i changed some settings which told me that i could change the color.I changed it to white color. i am sure you guys know how to do it.i hope you are able to understand what i want.

i thank all you guys once again for the patience and the time you took out to answer the question.

i hope you guys can help me it is kind of frustrating and i want to play around with that a bit

help would be appreciated.

Using windows home basic service pack 1
    mahesh
    Friday, November 18, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

As you said, this phenomenon occurs occasionally, I suspect there is something corrupted.

Please boot into Safe Mode to check if it still persists. Also try to update you graphic card driver to the latest version.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:31 AM
  • You had to have changed registry settings manually if you didn't use a third party tool.

Anyway, here's a post from another forum with a link to a third party tool... Change boot\logon screen

Did you achieve higher productivity from the change?

Create complete pc system images, data backups and export the registry prior to making changes. Then you can easily return to the previous state.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Hi Mahesh,

Can you try below steps?

1. Run regedit;

2. Go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors

3. Double click the key "Background", and change it's value in R G B format and then click OK.

For example: Type 0 0 0  if you want to see a Black background. You can choose any combination from 0-255.

4. Restart.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:36 AM
  • hi Yimanh!

I checked in the registry and the background key shows as 000.I remember having changed in the windows settings and not not going to regedit.

Any advise.

Thanks

thanks mahesh
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:48 AM