Windows Shell Common DLL RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to open attachments and I can't open them because apparently I don't have Windows Shell Common DLL?  I'm running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.  Is this something I can download?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:03 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Applications)
    Friday, December 3, 2010 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

What kind of attachments you want to open? Do all attachments encounter this issue?

What’s error message you got?

When did this happen?

Please do a system file checker.

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, December 17, 2010 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:01 AM