none
Search in PWA (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

When I try to search docs, pptx, and information in general in the main page of the PWA in the search box, I cannot select different scopes.

I customized in SharePoint different scopes to search informtion for people, other web applications, etc...but in the main page of PWA in the search box always appears..."search on this site" (where is the web app for project) and I cannot change this scope.

I cannot modify this webpart in the PWA.

Another thing tested it...I tried to create other collaboration web application and I modified the webpart to show differents scopes, but...still it doesn't appear in the search box...

Any idea how can I manage the search box in the main page of the PWA'

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Pedro Fraile.-

Pedrof.-
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Pedrof,

Why not add another "Search" web part to PWA by selecting from the SharePoint web parts SEARCH list.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, October 22, 2010 10:30 AM
  • Hello Pedrof,

Why not add another "Search" web part to PWA by selecting from the SharePoint web parts SEARCH list.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com

Hi Prdrof

How to  config option selecting from the SharePoint web-parts SEARCH list?

regards

I sale myself ONLY half CNY!
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:32 AM
  • Have you reviewed the Search Settings under Site Settings for the Site Collection in which PWA is in?
    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Those Search web part still not searching any content.Kindly let me know if they need some additional activation or modification from back end. I also faced same challenges & looking for some urgent support. Guys, kindly help me. 
    Monday, October 13, 2014 10:08 AM