Windows Explorer lag RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble with Windows Explorer. I have Vista Home Premium and recently when I open a folder it takes a second or two to open where before it was instant, I think it has something to do with a component not being loaded in to memory that previously had been beacuse if I open a folder, then open another, the second folder opens straight away. Close both folders, and open a new one and the lag appears again.

Please help if possible! It's not a major issue but it is really annoying!

Friday, November 9, 2007 4:15 PM

All replies

• Just incase anyone gets to this because they have the same problem, I fixed it by going into folder properties and restoring the defaults.

I have no idea what was causing it.

Scott
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:27 PM
  • If a folder delays when opening for example 'documents' it could be down to a number of reasons but the main one i would identify would be your hdd. If you have been editing/deleting/creating new files over the last few days or whenever some files become fragged and start spliting all over your hdd this can make loading certain apps and folders slower then usual. A common cure for this could be to do a disk cleanup and then a nice defrag usually sorts everything out for me!
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:31 AM