none
Refresh error with PowerQuery/PowerPivot RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm new to Power Query and PowerPivot. I'm receiving the following error when trying to update/refresh my Data Model (which someone else created for me).  I'm using Excel 2016.  I've tried the solutions that I've found online, but none appear specific enough to my version and/or error.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The error reads:

We couldn't refresh multiple tables, including 'Calendar' from connection 'Query - Calendar'.  Here's the error message we got:

The operation failed because the source database does not exist, the source table does not exist, or because you do not have access to the data source.

More Details:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We couldn't convert to Number.

An error occurred while processing table 'Production'.

The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

I attempted to change the type from number to text in what appears to be the affected table, but by doing so, the subsequent steps break and I'm not sure how to fix.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Ockina. If you click on Data->New Query->Combine Queries->Launch Query Editor, what do you see? Are you able to view the underlying data, or do you see some kind of error?

Ehren

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:17 PM
    Owner