none
Publishing site template in office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create modern UI webparts in the publishing site template and i am unable to find the modern webparts in the modern ui layout.please let me know if i need to enable some features or is there any limitation to this.

Blitz

Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Blitz,

Do you want to add the OOTB web part into modern page?

Please go to Site Settings-> Manage site features and activate the Site Pages feature, then go to Site Pages library -> add site page and add the OOTB web parts into the page.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by sree_23 Friday, July 6, 2018 12:54 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you add the framework client-side web part app in the publishing site?

I suggest you follow the steps in the official document below to deploy the client-side web part.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/web-parts/get-started/serve-your-web-part-in-a-sharepoint-page

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 6, 2018 3:27 AM
  • Thanks but im unable to understand clearly since it should be part of OOTB and why are we deploying client side webpart.

Blitz

Friday, July 6, 2018 4:04 AM
  • Hi Blitz,

Do you want to add the OOTB web part into modern page?

Please go to Site Settings-> Manage site features and activate the Site Pages feature, then go to Site Pages library -> add site page and add the OOTB web parts into the page.

Best Regards,

Dennis

• Marked as answer by sree_23 Friday, July 6, 2018 12:54 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 6:12 AM