none
require both the content distributors up and running simultaneously, in fast esp 5.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a multi-node fast esp 5.3 setup.We have two content distributors registered, one in Node 01 and the other in Node02.

At a time, only one content distributor is available for processing the content.

Our requirement is to make both the content distributors available simultaneously. Does this require applying a certain patch or any other settings in the configuration files?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:17 AM

Answers

• Did you configure this according to the configuration guide? I believe that one feeding session will use one content distributor at a time, so you will need multiple feeding sessions to take advantage of 2 content distributors. You also need multiple document processors (as at least one will be assigned to each content distributor).

-Bjorn

Extract from the ESP Configuration Guide:

------------

Use Multiple Content Distributor Instances

In order to make use of mulitple Content Distributors, the following procedure must be performed on each Content Distributor node.

1. Open $FASTSEARCH/etc/NodeConf.xml
    2. Make sure the processor named contentdistributor has a unique ID and that the hostname and -ORBendPointNoListen attributes point to the machine on which the Content Distributor runs.
    3. Open $FASTSEARCH/etc/contentdistributor.cfg . This file is used by the Filetraverser and the crawler to locate any available Content Distributors.
    4. Add a reference to each Content Distributor, on a separate line.
    5. Refer to the Content Integration Guide for information on how to specify the Content API to use multiple Content Distributors.

------------

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies

• Did you configure this according to the configuration guide? I believe that one feeding session will use one content distributor at a time, so you will need multiple feeding sessions to take advantage of 2 content distributors. You also need multiple document processors (as at least one will be assigned to each content distributor).

-Bjorn

Extract from the ESP Configuration Guide:

------------

Use Multiple Content Distributor Instances

In order to make use of mulitple Content Distributors, the following procedure must be performed on each Content Distributor node.

1. Open $FASTSEARCH/etc/NodeConf.xml
    2. Make sure the processor named contentdistributor has a unique ID and that the hostname and -ORBendPointNoListen attributes point to the machine on which the Content Distributor runs.
    3. Open $FASTSEARCH/etc/contentdistributor.cfg . This file is used by the Filetraverser and the crawler to locate any available Content Distributors.
    4. Add a reference to each Content Distributor, on a separate line.
    5. Refer to the Content Integration Guide for information on how to specify the Content API to use multiple Content Distributors.

------------

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Can I run multiple content distributors on the same node (admin)? Also, once I bring them up and configure, what do I need to do to use them within my JDBC Connector? I cannot find the JDBC Connector Documentation :-( Are they just stacked in the connector xml?

Thanks!

Gina

• Edited by gigibeans1 Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:01 PM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:00 PM