Configuration Failed: Failed to Register Sharepoint Services RRS feed

• Question

• SBS2008 SP2

SharePoint Services 3.0

SharePoint got corrupted so I am in rebuild process (http://www.thehelpdesk.co.nz/2011/03/reinstallrepair-sbs-2008-companyweb.html). Internal database and SharePoint ere removed and deleted

The SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration wizard now at least finishes (it failed completely in the past). However, I get the following error message:

An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown.  Additional exception information: Cannot open database "WSS_Search_LONG2008_daddfc20f30540babd56a5001605507d" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'LONGSOHO\JohnLenz'.

User is local system administrator(server). This is just an example, several other exceptions all point to login failure. Where do I verify authentication and fix this?

John Lenz

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

• The server is too far corrupted. I am now moving to Essentials 2012. Thanks for your help.

John Lenz

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Please check if the 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' account has been assigned with “db_owner” role to related content database.  If not, grant the account with db_owner permission and try to run the configuration wizard again.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:20 AM
  • I checked 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'  as dbo for SBSMonitoring. I'll run the config again and let you know.

John Lenz

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Ran configuration wizard. It failed at the start, prior times it went to completion. Error:

Failed to detect if this server is joined to a server farm...

PSConfig error log contained in SkyDrive: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=418500A441DD106A!366&authkey=!AKyOr29dktJCQW8

John Lenz

• Proposed as answer by Aries - MSFT Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:02 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Hi John,

Please first try to disconnect server from the farm and connect it again. If still can't work, clear config Cache.ini log follow the steps in following blog and try again.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manjesh/archive/2009/11/10/unable-to-run-sharepoint-configuration-wizard-error-unable-to-upgrade-sharepoint-products-and-technologies-because-an-upgrade-is-already-in-progress.aspx

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:31 AM
  • I disconnected and re-ran. Failed on step 8 - failed to create sample data.

I completed cache change & XML. However, when trying to execute CMD window  stsadm .... I got error message that stsadm is not recognized as an internal or external command.

What next?

John Lenz

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:11 PM
  • Hi JohnLenz,

please go to the sharepoint 2007 hive and run as administrator: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\bin. then you may use the stsadm command.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:33 AM
  • The server is too far corrupted. I am now moving to Essentials 2012. Thanks for your help.

John Lenz

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:50 PM