SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 Report Services point upgrade fails RRS feed

• Question

• I did an upgrade of SCCM 2012 R2 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1. The server OS is Server 2008 R2. The SQL dbase is also installed on the primary Server, version SQL 2008 R2.

The reporting Services Point is installed on a different server in the domain (server B). OS is Server 2008 R2. The reportdb is also installed on Server B. SQL Version on Server B is SQL 2008 R2.

The upgrade to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 went succesful for every point, except the reporting services point.

When checking sitecomp.log on the management point, I see the following error:

The status messages of component SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT mention the following error:

Site Component Manager could not install the SMS_SERVER_BOOTSTRAP_XXX service on site system "\\ServerFQDN" with the service logging on as account "". The operating system reported error 1072: The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Possible cause: Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to administer the site system.

Solution: Verify that the Site System Installation accounts are properly configured to allow the site to administer the site system. Configuration Manager cannot install component SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT until the SMS_SERVER_BOOTSTRAP_XXX service can be installed. If this problem persists, refer to your ConfigMgr Documentation or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information.

I verified the site system install account. it is the SCCM Server account. this account is member of the local administrators group on Server B.
    The only solution I could find, was this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/267889

The article describes the exact same problem, but I'm hesitant to apply the workaround solution. Server B contains very important other Dbases.

Is there anybody who has experience with upgrading a Reporting Service Point on a different server? Any help to solve this issue?

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Answers

• Dear Sir,

It seems it failed to stop the bootstrap service and the service stuck 'mark for deletion'.

Some other things/users are still using this. Close all other apps, log off other users. Maybe a reboot can help to test.

What is in those logs that Jeff advised?

Best regards

Frank

• Marked as answer by PjmM12 Monday, November 16, 2015 12:45 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 2:07 AM

All replies

• Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:04 PM
  • Dear Sir,

It seems it failed to stop the bootstrap service and the service stuck 'mark for deletion'.

Some other things/users are still using this. Close all other apps, log off other users. Maybe a reboot can help to test.

What is in those logs that Jeff advised?

Best regards

Frank

• Marked as answer by PjmM12 Monday, November 16, 2015 12:45 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 2:07 AM
  • The reporting point logs haven't registered anything.
    I think this is, because SCCM is trying to install and start the smsexec service first. Which Fails.
    The status messages for SMS EXEC mention this:
    Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system.
    Possible cause: Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to administer the site system.
    Solution: Verify that the Site System Installation accounts are properly configured to allow the site to administer the site system.

• Edited by PjmM12 Friday, November 13, 2015 6:40 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 6:38 AM
  • Reboot did the trick.
    Monday, November 16, 2015 12:45 PM