none
Creating Project Server instance and Project Sites in different site collections user permissions does not sync for Web Admin(PWA Syncronized group) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

In my farm, we have Project Server instance and Project Sites in different site collections. For instance, pwa is configured in /pwa site collection and project sites/workspaces are configured in /sites/projectSites site collection.

Our project server is running under Project Server security mode. On project publish if the project site is configured as a subsite of pwa then users get sync to Web Administrator(Project Web App Synchronize) group. But if the project site is configured on some other site collection which is sites/pprojectsites in our case then users does not get sync to Web Administrator(Project Web App Synchronize) group. 

Users get sync properly to other two groups Team Members(Project Web App Synchronize) and Project Manager(Project Web App Synchronize) in both cases.

Can you please help me understand why this is happening? Is there some settings that we need to configure so that users get synced to Web Administrator(Project Web App Synchronize) group for project sites that are not subsites of pwa.

Thanks,

Bhawna.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:24 AM

All replies

• Bhawna,

it would appear this is an issue.  You may wish to raise this to Microsoft Support.

on a more philosophical note: I would not recommend that current structure of using two different site collections.  IMO this is bad guidance from Microsoft TechNet.  Unless there are some compelling reasons to not put the Project Sites under the /PWA site collection, you should keep them as child sites of /PWA.

Your experience with the permission sync is just another example of why you want to keep your Project Sites under your /PWA site collection.

Please post back if you find out anything more.

Hope that helps

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:16 PM