Office365 Outlook 2016 1808 - Getting this error 0x8004011d, (-2147221219) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using Office365 Outlook 2016 1808 - We are getting this error  0x8004011d, (-2147221219), this is happening when add-in is trying access the Primary Mailbox and Online Archive.

Error Message - Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or exchange server is down for maintenance.

We checked everything from the network perspective from office from outside networks, all looks good interms of connectivity to Office365. Only when the add-in tries it gives the error.

However, when we set the Primary mailbox to Cache mode, it worked. But Online Archive cannot be set Cache mode obviously, so the Add-in is throwing the above errors.

Add-in used to filing the mails from Inbox to the respective folders hosted on other shared mailboxes or Online archive.

It worked fine before the 1808 upgrade.

Thanks 

RK

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:53 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell me whether this issue occurs only on one computer or there are many people in your organization have this issue?

>> this is happening when add-in is trying access the Primary Mailbox and Online Archive.
    Since you have this problem after installing the update, it may be the compatibility issue between the 3rd party add-in and the Office update. It is recommended that you contact the provider of the 3rd-party to see if there are other users who reflect this problem and whether there is a solution.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 6, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi there,

I am having a similar problem with a mailbox I had added to my primary account. The mailbox has not updated since last Thursday, 09/05 and I receive the error message when I try to update it. I also updated Outlook recently. 

I am the administrator for our company and would like to resolve this issue asap. 

Thanks

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:05 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Dear Aidan,

Thank you for the response.

As directed, we went back to the 3rd party vendor, they have checked all the things from their end, no success.

This issue is happening with few of the Users in the organization, no specific pattern, random users.

1) We tried to repair outlook, created new profile, etc

2) No compatibility issue, as the same thing works with rest of the users.

nothing works.

any other suggestions...

Thank you

RK

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:35 PM