Call forwarding and incoming conference calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hello together, 

I have a short question regarding the behaviour of Skype for Business in case of conference invitations in combination with the call forwarding. 

When I turn on call forwarding f.e. to my mailbox or another number, all the direct calls will be routet to the configured destination. But when I receive an inivitation to a conferece, this invitation is still appearing on my client, instead of going to the voicemail, etc. Only when I have set the dnd status, it is not possible to invite me to the conference.

Do you know if this is the expected behaviour and by design?

Greets and thanks for your answers in advanced, 

Markus

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Markus,

If in the scenario when adding you to a started meeting, the call from the conferencing will not be redirected to your voicemail. And yes this feature is by design. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Markus_95 Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you set delegate feature in Outlook?

If so, please open your Outlook and navigate to the delegate settings as below:

Please set and give the corresponding permission for your delegate, once you set "My delegates only", then only your delegate will receive your meeting requests, and you won't get such invitation from your client side.

And here is a case that describing the delegate feature could be as the reference.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi Liu,

thank you for your answer. 
    Maybe I described my situation in a wrong way. 

Pleas assume the following: 
    You are Enterprise Voice enabled and have set up your call forwarding to "immediately to voicemail".

When now someone is calling you, the caller will be directly redirected to your voicemail --> as expected

In the case when some people are in a Skype for Business conference call and they add you to the conference, you receive the Toast notification where you can join the conference or decline the invitation. So the call from the conferencing server will not be redirected to your voicemail. 

Do you know whether this is by-design?

Thanks and greets,
    Markus

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi Markus,

If in the scenario when adding you to a started meeting, the call from the conferencing will not be redirected to your voicemail. And yes this feature is by design. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Markus_95 Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hey Calvin,

thank you for your answer. 

Thats all I wanted to know! :) 

Greets,
    Markus

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:16 AM
  • My pleasure, Markus.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:02 AM