none
Calculate material resource amount from work resource amount RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I know that material resource units can be defined as per hour, for example 2.5 m2/h (see the picture below).

In the picture you can see, that on Tuesday resource will work 2h and 0h on Wednesday, but for some reason when I add total amount of material 50m2 it calculates that on Tuesday 20m2 of material will be used and on Wednesday 10m2. It seems that MSP takes the default work hours per day instead of work assigned to resource.

Question: How can I manage that correct amount of material would be calculated per day from assigned work?

• Edited by R-aivis Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid you will need VBA programming for that; Project has no function to modify work contours :-(

Greetings,

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:34 AM
  • I see.. From user point of view i think it is kind a illogical, because then why do I need to be able to give units per hour when the user still needs to enter material amount manually.

I assume VBA will be too complicated form me to get this working, but could there be any other way to achieve the same thing?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

You are able to give work per time unit but you do not have to as you know; using a flat contour fo both will synchronize work and material resources.

But I know of no other way to so this synchro, sorry.

Greetings,

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:43 AM
  • It's ok! Thank you.. I hope MS will implement that in further versions :)
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:45 AM