I am not sure why I am getting bluescreen on my Dell Latitude E5450 Laptop..SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ...Wdf01000.sys RRS feed

• Question

• I have been getting unexpected shutdown of my laptop due to bluescreen dumps. The performance of <g class="gr_ gr_149 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="149" id="149">system</g> is not reliable and its <g class="gr_ gr_198 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="198" id="198">embarrising</g> to get a <g class="gr_ gr_245 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="245" id="245">bluescreen</g> when you are presenting. 

I need help from Windows community here..as I have all the Dump files, System MSInfo and System configurations for debugging and analysis...

Monday, April 2, 2018 4:45 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply.

It is suggested that you can install the latest driver of Intel Management Engine Driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26136/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-5M-for-Windows-7-8-1-and-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i5MYHE

Note: this is a 3rd party link, we don't have any warranties on this website. It's just for your convenience

Then run sfc /scannow in cmd to scan for system components.

As to find which application cause the problem, you can open task manager to see what application is running background. Try to prevent them from running until find the trouble maker. 

In addition, you need to check Task Scheduler to see if some applications are scheduled to run during idle status

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:30 AM

All replies

• To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:  memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Monday, April 2, 2018 4:52 AM
  • All done as per instructions. All the files uploaded on OneDrive for you to access on <g class="gr_ gr_92 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="92" id="92">following</g> <g class="gr_ gr_91 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="91" id="91">path</g>. Kindly let me know in case you are facing some problems in accessing these files or need some additional files for analysis and finding out the root cause. Thanks.

One Drive path: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=D447EDF4861160EE%21425&cid=D447EDF4861160EE

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Attempting to open:  https://onedrive.live.com/?id=D447EDF4861160EE%21425&cid=D447EDF4861160EE

displayed:  The item might not exist or is no longer available.

Monday, April 2, 2018 10:42 AM
  • Sorry my bad..Please find the correct link...

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au5gEYb07UfUgym4aHEudrAz1lIN

Monday, April 2, 2018 11:15 AM
  • There were multiple BSOD mini dump and memory dump files collected.

The dxdiag was missing.

The debugging displayed multiple misbehaving drivers.

Using 2 or more different always on antivirus software at the same time places the computer at higher risk for malware infections as the antivirus products can interfere with each other.

When there is a BSOD crash there can be one root cause driver that caused the crash and there can be drivers that were involved in the crash.  

All of the notable misbehaving drivers that were seen in the crashes were reported. 

The antivirus software (AV) were involved in most of the BSOD crashes. 

For the multiple crashes the best approach at this time is to uninstall all of the 3rd party antivirus software and turn on Windows defender.

Then if you no longer have any BSOD in 2 weeks you can re-install one of the antivirus software.  If there are BSOD then uninstall the software.  If there is no recurrent BSOD then continue using one of the antivirus software.

Again it is important not to use 2 or more always on antivirus software at the same time as it reduces protection.

The Mcafee drive encryption software should also be uninstalled during this 2 week time period.  It was involved in one of the crashes.  And it to can be reinstalled but it should be a delayed installation so that you have the opportunity to see if there are BSOD for any software that is re-installed.

The longer the time period that you can wait to reinstall any software the better.  The greater the time period waited the more likely a cause and effect if there is a BSOD after re-installation of the software.

The BIOS needs to be upgraded.
    These were displayed as problem devices:

a) Not Available ACPI\INT3402\TMEM The drivers for this device are not installed.

b) Not Available ACPI\SMO8810\1 The drivers for this device are not installed.

c) Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows ROOT\NET\0000 This device is disabled.

d) PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A03&SUBSYS_062B1028&REV_0B\3&11583659&1&20 The drivers for this device are not installed.

e) Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64 ROOT\NET\0001 This device is disabled.

f) Broadcom USH USB\VID_0A5C&PID_5800&MI_00\7&66DE6C9&0&0000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
    1) Uninstall Symantic > run the applicable Symantic uninstall tool > turn on Windows defender
    https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO74877.html
    Wait 2 weeks after the last BSOD to re-install Symantic or Norton
    2) Uninstall Norton > run the applicable Norton uninstall tool > make sure Windows defender is on
    https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us
    Wait 2 weeks after the last BSOD to re-install either Norton or Symantic
    3) Uninstall and reinstall Mcafee drive encryption software and if you are able to it is best to uninstall it for 2 weeks.
    mfeepepc.sys
    mfeccde.sys
    https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73634&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false&platinum_status=false&locale=en_US
    https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73634&actp=LIST
    https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Encryption-ePO-Managed/How-do-I-remove-mcafee-encryption-agent/td-p/417228?tstart=0
    4) Update these drivers:
    a) teedriverx64.sys
    b) igdkmd64.sys
    c) bcua-wfp.sys
    d) rtdvhd64.sys
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/updating-a-driver/a5e6345e-af9b-4099-bef0-8d22254aa1c1
    5) Upgrade the BIOS
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e5450-laptop/drivers
    There are two possible upgrades depending on whether the notebook has or does not have a docking socket:
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e5450-laptop/drivers
    TeeDriverx64.sys
    Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver
    meix64 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface c:\windows\system32\drivers\teedriverx64.sys
    BHDrvx64.sys
    Symantec Heuristics Driver
    bhdrvx64 BHDrvx64 \??\c:\programdata\symantec\symantec endpoint protection\14.0.2415.0200.105\data\definitions\bashdefs\20180326.001\bhdrvx64.sys
    MfeEpePc.sys
    MCAFEE DRIVE ENCRYPTION
    mfeccde.sys
    mfeepepc MfeEpePc c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeepepc.sys
    mfeccde mfeccde c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeccde.sys Kernel Driver
    igdkmd64.sys
    Intel Graphics driver
    Name Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_062B1028&REV_0B\3&11583659&1&10
    Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
    Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    Installed Drivers igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
    Driver Version 10.18.14.4432
    INF File oem25.inf (iHSWM_w7 section)
    Color Planes Not Available
    Color Table Entries 4294967296
    Resolution 1366 x 768 x 60 hertz
    Bits/Pixel 32
    Memory Address 0xF7800000-0xF7BFFFFF
    Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
    I/O Port 0x0000F000-0x0000F03F
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967290
    I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
    I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys (10.18.14.4432, 4.70 MB (4,932,072 bytes), 6/29/2016 8:29 AM)
    This driver did not cause BSOD but should be updated:
    bcua-wfp bcua-wfp c:\windows\system32\drivers\bcua-wfp.sys
    Event[270]:
      Log Name: System
      Source: Application Popup
      Date: 2018-03-15T09:53:48.792
      Event ID: 26
      Task: N/A
      Level: Information
      Opcode: N/A
      Keyword: Classic
      User: N/A
      User Name: N/A
      Computer: 14HW010224
      Description: 
    Application popup:  : \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bcua-wfp.sys failed to load
    Event[519]:
      Log Name: System
      Source: Service Control Manager
      Date: 2018-03-23T10:17:03.343
      Event ID: 7000
      Task: N/A
      Level: Error
      Opcode: N/A
      Keyword: Classic
      User: N/A
      User Name: N/A
      Computer: 14HW010224.emea.TCS.com
      Description: 
    The bcua-wfp service failed to start due to the following error: 
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
    Name Realtek Audio
    Manufacturer Realtek
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0293&SUBSYS_1028062B&REV_1000\4&1254B6A7&0&0001
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtdvhd64.sys (6.0.1.6122, 2.56 MB (2,682,824 bytes), 3/23/2018 12:54 PM)

Monday, April 2, 2018 5:31 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned the bsod happens when it is unexpected shutdown. Form the dump file, I noticed that TeeDriverx64.sys may be the cause. It came to be that this file belongs to a piece of software from Intel called Intel Management Engine Interface.

Here are some suggestions:

1.Go to uninstall Start Menu\Programs\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components

2.Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
    Step1:Go to Device Manager and expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.

Step2:Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"

Step3:Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.

3.Then perform a clean boot  to disable the 3-party software conflict.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:41 AM
  • If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:08 AM
  • Any updates?

Friday, April 6, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Dear Vivian,

I cant see Start Menu\Programs\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components as mentioned in Step1 in my laptop

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 4:59 AM
  • Have you tried other steps that list below step1?

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:44 AM
  • Dear Team,

This is my company's provided laptop and hence I cant disable Virus protection softwares and neither can I disable Mcafee drive encryption.

In terms of installation I could only update the BIOS and just after the BIOD update I again received windows message of Bluescreen. Can you advise if I need to resend the dump again to you for further analysis.

Many Thanks.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Oh. I thought that either I shall do all the steps of none. Now if you asked, means I shall do them too, and now I have done them. 

The challenge is that I dont know how does my system crashes. But there is one interesting observation and that is that it normally crashes whenever its trying to go to sleep (80% of the system sleep attempts) when invoked due to my request or due to inactivity. 

Do you want me to do something more on this too. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:30 PM
  • Whenever there are BSOD please run he administrative command prompt command and post the files in a zip format (7zip, etc.) into the newest post.  Also post a memory dump for debugging:  C:\windows\memory.dmp

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

When troubleshooting steps are posted please follow up with the steps that were and were not performed.  This way if there are misbehaving drivers it can be determined whether its a replacement driver misbehaving or the driver that had previously been identified that is still misbehaving.

For each post there is a vote:  please indicate whether the post has provided help.

For each post there is a propose as answer:  Please indicate whether the post has answered the problem.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

To make it clear, the system in an idle status or go to sleep, the bsod happened.

You can test it a few times, seeing if it is the symptoms of the problem.

I previously met the same the problem, and the cause is when system is inactivity some 3-party software continue to write data to the disk, so that cause the bsod.

So if you can monitor your system what program is active (account for high cpu/memory)during sleep mode, may be you can find out the cause. Since you can't disable the antivirus software because of company's policy, which always makes trouble, it is really difficult to narrow down the problem.

If still get no clue and only one machine has the problem, what if you re-install the system? I can say that, if the problem still happens after you re-install the system, then it may be related to the 3-party software conflict.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Best regards,

Vivian

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:04 AM
  • Hello,

I think you have a point here, but I am not sure which 3rd party app is doing this operation when system is trying to go into sleep mode. This blue screen dump has never come when I am operating on my machine but it comes when I am long away from my machine or when I put system in sleep.

Is there anyway to find that out, that would be really helpful. Thanks.

Regards,

Deepak

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:22 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

It is suggested that you can install the latest driver of Intel Management Engine Driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26136/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-5M-for-Windows-7-8-1-and-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i5MYHE

Note: this is a 3rd party link, we don't have any warranties on this website. It's just for your convenience

Then run sfc /scannow in cmd to scan for system components.

As to find which application cause the problem, you can open task manager to see what application is running background. Try to prevent them from running until find the trouble maker. 

In addition, you need to check Task Scheduler to see if some applications are scheduled to run during idle status

Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:30 AM
  • The response of run sfc/scannow is Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I would see how much time it takes by checking component one by one.

Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Please update the logs:

Whenever there are BSOD please run he administrative command prompt command and post the files in a zip format (7zip, etc.) into the newest post.  Also post a memory dump for debugging:  C:\windows\memory.dmp

Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hello,

Uploaded the files again on OneDrive on following URL:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au5gEYb07UfUg0FX7PGh8tsZ_zuK

Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:19 AM
  • There was no dxdiag in the logs.

There was no recent memory dump in the logs.

There were many mini dumps submitted.

These were the last 6 mini dumps debugged.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

There were 2 recurrent misbehaving drivers as reported earlier in the thread:

Sat Apr 14 16:13:38.006 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

OEM or http://downloadcenter.intel.com

Installation instructions - http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-10-a/18573-windows-10-error-0x800f081f-source-file-not-found.html#post144391

BHDrvx64.sys

http://www.symantec.com/support/index.jsp

Thu Apr 12 17:13:49.189 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

Tue Apr 10 15:38:02.259 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

Wed Apr 11 05:33:21.243 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

BHDrvx64.sys

Wed Apr 11 08:44:14.942 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

BHDrvx64.sys

Wed Apr 11 06:59:54.549 2018 (UTC - 5:00)

TeeDriverx64.sys

BHDrvx64.sys

BHDrvx64.sys Mon Feb 05 22:54:16 2018 (5A7934F8)

bhdrvx64BHDrvx64

\??\c:\programdata\symantec\symantec endpoint protection\14.0.2415.0200.105\data\definitions\bashdefs\20180409.001\bhdrvx64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Mon Jun 10 16:37:50 2013 (51B6472E)

meix64Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

c:\windows\system32\drivers\teedriverx64.sys

See the earlier posts for methods to fix the misbehaving drivers.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:55 PM
  • Have you install the latest the latest driver of Intel Management Engine Driver I post previously?

Then update your antivirus software. It may cause the compatibility issues.

Did the bsod problem happens after you update your system?

Monday, April 16, 2018 1:32 AM
  • Hello Vivian,

I did update the drivers through Intel Managemenet Engine driver yesterday and havent seen any dump. But its too early to say that its fixed, so I would wait for somemore time to check whether i still hit bluescreen.

I did not upgrade the antivirus but would ask my IT admin team to do the needful today.

Regards,

Deepak

Monday, April 16, 2018 6:05 AM
  • Any updates are welcome.

What is going on?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Dear Helpers,

Really appreciate your help on this matter. I have observed the system for more than a week and it is stable now.

I still dont know what resolved this problems but trust it was through " Intel Managemenet Engine driver"

Thanks again

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:53 PM
  • That's great news.

You are welcome.

There were multiple misbehaving drivers identified in the debugging and the BIOS needed upgrading.  

Please post an updated zip to have look at the current computer environment:

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste:

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:42 PM
  • Dear Team,

Please find the latest dump files on following path:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au5gEYb07UfUg27rMh0taM_pReZp

Regards,

Deepak

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:13 PM
  • The prior problem was a month old.

Please start a new thread and place a link into this thread so that it is easy to find the new thread.

Indicate the problems that you are having.

Indicate whether you are using one antivirus or firewall product or whether you are using more than one antivirus software product.

List all antivirus products in use.

List all firewall products in use.

What is proscloud used for?

What is epic used for?

Post dxdiag

Post memory.dmp

Post the administrative command prompt logs into the new thread.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:09 PM