Infrared Device not listed in Device Manager, Services or anywhere in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i just baught a new HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop with Vista Ultimate 64bit which comes with its own credit card style HP MCE remote.

I also have a Vista Home Premium desktop as my Media Centre.

When my latptop is in the same room, it wakes up from the commands of the BIG Microsoft Remote i have for my desktop.

So what i want to do in the long run is disable IR wakeup abilities, this is where the fun starts. I can't find a device remotely like it in its many different abbriviations. No Infrared progam in Control Panel. Bios is a Phoenix, but a very cut down version, obviously HP doesn't want people to fiddle and only gives them a few options. I was hoping to use the wakeup settings in bios but as i said, its a very slimline bios.

Here is a list of my Devices: http://koluns81.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!BC06F5E5C80BDDE0!172/?&_c02_vws=1

If anyone can assist me to alter Ird wake up settings in Vista, i would be most appriciated.

By the way i have tried contacting HP, however the Indian Call centres couldn't cope with the question.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:09 PM