IE9 Will Not Allow Me To Open My Documents RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my IE8 to IE9 but when I did the new IE9 will not allow me to open my documents, pictures, downloads, music, or c drive.  I get an error message every time.  The IE9 works just fine I can bowers and download but I can't open any of my folders on my computer.  I downloaded the 64/bit version since that is what my computer is running, but it still didn't work.  Any help would be great. Thanks....
    Monday, December 6, 2010 6:55 AM

Answers

• Please temporary disable antivirus and check the result.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, December 13, 2010 6:01 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:58 AM

All replies

• Please temporary disable antivirus and check the result.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, December 13, 2010 6:01 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:58 AM
  • I have a similar problem, I've tried disabling antivirus but whenever I right click on "My Documents" Internet Explorer crashes.
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 11:22 AM
  • I have a similar problem, I've tried disabling antivirus but whenever I right click on "My Documents" Internet Explorer crashes.

Please refine your symptom description.  E.g. "crashes" would imply that you could extract an Error Signature from Event Viewer's Application log.  The most likely explanation would be that you are misinterpreting a crash in explorer.exe (for your undisclosed version of Windows) which has nothing to do with iexplore.exe but the Event viewer diagnostic would clarify that.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:10 PM
    Answerer
  • You may well be right..

Crashes means that when right clicking on public -  my documents -  the error message"Windows Explorer has stopped working" is shown

Not sure how to extract the Error Signature but found this:

Problem signature

Does this help?

The undisclosed version of Windows is Vista

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Application Timestamp: 49e01da5

Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18287

Fault Module Timestamp: 4c4daf14

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003f2b0

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Sunday, January 9, 2011 4:49 PM
  • Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Do you have an example of one with  iexplore.exe  in that record?  This says that your Desktop or Taskbar or Startmenu or some independent Windows Explorer window crashed.  So, nothing to do with IE.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Monday, January 10, 2011 6:03 AM
    Answerer
  • My docs open just fine as long as I am not opening them in an explorer environment. I use sharepoint a lot and am a superuser at portal level with SCA access (top level). I recently upgraded to windows7 OS and windows7. Now evertime I open a doc in sharepoint, I have to log in. I've tried clearing cookies, refreshing, adding urls to safe zones, etc.... Nothing seems to work.

HELP?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:48 AM