none
How to specify account 'All Restricted Application Packages' in a file's security tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just noticed that there is a new account 'All Restricted Application Packages' when looking thru exe's in System32. How do I specify that account for security tab for any file? It is not listed when I try to Find that account.

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have such account on system files properties as below, do you mean that there is no such account on your system files? Would you please let me know the certain file?

It's not security, it will produce the security issue on your computer, we don't recommend you do such change on your computer.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:58 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I want to make a file  of my own have the exact same accounts listed. But I find when I click Edit button in  the screen shot you have, I don't know how to specify that account. The name shown is not the full name it seems: For example take the TrustedInstaller account, you have to specify it with "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" .

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Hi,

Just noticed that there is a new account 'All Restricted Application Packages' when looking thru exe's in System32. How do I specify that account for security tab for any file? It is not listed when I try to Find that account.

The SID for "ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES" is S-1-15-2-2. You can create a Security Template INF and apply the file permissions with that using the "Security Configuration and Analysis" and "Security Templates" MMC snap-ins. Just create a blank template and then edit the file with Notepad. Below is an example of granting "ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES" read & execute to folder called MyFolder.

[Unicode]
    Unicode=yes
    [Version]
    signature="$CHICAGO$"
    Revision=1
    [File Security]
    "%SystemDrive%\MyFolder",0,"D:PAR(A;OICI;FA;;;S-1-15-2-2)"

• Edited by Brandon.M Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:01 PM