Can not move an item task from a Public Folder to another public folder, Outlook posts a new Post instead in the second Folde RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to move an item from the Public Folder it resides in, to another Public Folder, then the item does not move. Instead there is a new Post created in the new Folder which only takes the Subject of the item.

It happens similarly when trying to copy a task item (either by Drag  and Drop or  by Right hand mouse click menu). There is a new Post that appears in the new Folder, and no item is being copied. I do not want this. I want to move or copy the item.

The new post looks like this:

I tried this, but I get an error message:

I have got "Owner" rights on the working folder. What am I missing?

What setting has to be done that one can drag and drop (move) an item entirely from a Public Folder to another?

Thank you so much.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are the two Public Folders both for post items? As far as I know, you cannot easily change the Public Folder type. You may try to create a new Public Folder for Task item within Outlook and then try testing it again.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 9:51 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the two Public Folders both for post items? As far as I know, you cannot easily change the Public Folder type. You may try to create a new Public Folder for Task item within Outlook and then try testing it again.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 9:51 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Thank you so much, Steve. You have made my day.

Indeed, the issue,which caused that I could not move or copy Task Item to a new Public Folder, was about the type of the new Public Folder. Once I have created a new Public Folder with the specific "Folder contains" setting="Tasks items" it works like a charm. 

I attach below an image for solution reference in case someone else runs into same issue as mine.

Thank you, once more.

George

Monday, February 26, 2018 9:51 AM