no update for a specific group in wsus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i've some group in my wsus server like server group, Windows 10 1511 group, Windows 10 1607 group. All group work well at the exception of Windows 10 1511 group. The communication beetween client -server is there but no update. Client give time out error. We built another wsus server and the problem is still there . No changes have been made in GPO. This issue appears when we synchronized at the beginning of march.

Someone have solution or thing to be verified ?

Regards

Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi sampiq1,

1. Please check the windows update log on the affected clients, check if there are any errors;

2. Please check if the win10 1511 group could update from Microsoft Update;

3. Please reset windows update components on the affected clients, check if it could help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Hello

no error on Windows update log, each computer in this group can go to Microsoft update and i reset Windows update component. Still same problem.

Regards

Monday, April 3, 2017 7:24 PM
  • Hi sampiq1,

1. What is the version of the WSUS server, do it install KB3095113 and KB3159706(with manual steps), if not, please install them to upgrade the WSUS server.

2. Please run Server Cleanup Wizard on the WSUS server, check if it could help.

3. If it still not work, please enable IIS log on the WSUS site, then, check for update on the win10 1511 clients, check if the WSUS site could receive the request from Client side.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Well, issue solved

the Server Cleanup Wizard is not enough. we follow this doc https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2016/01/26/the-complete-guide-to-microsoft-wsus-and-configuration-manager-sup-maintenance/

the step 3 re-index wsus database with the powershell script provide solved our issue.

regards

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Hi sampiq1,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, then, you may mark the solution as answer.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:47 AM
  • I got the same problem with 1511. I think that to mush update was in my WSUS server. I tried to decline all updates from december 2016 to now and my client on 1511 start to find update instead an timeout.

My final working solution is, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2016/01/26/the-complete-guide-to-microsoft-wsus-and-configuration-manager-sup-maintenance/  and run the script on step 4 for decline superseded updates.

• Marked as answer by sampiq1 Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:02 PM