none
When does message get to Sent Items folder

Question

• Hi,

I'm writing transport agent for Exchange server, which processes message attachments. As attachments are changed I need to update Sent Items folder. I do it using EWS.

Issue: sometimes message is not found in Sent Items.

So my question is: Who and when saves message to Sent Items folder? Is it some part of exchange server? Or is it Outlook who does it?

Can someone point me to useful articles or give a hint on where to search?

Thanks,
    Oleksii

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Oleksii,

Welcome to our forum.

We will discuss this issue when outlook is online mode or cache mode: If it’s online, route the submission through the Exchange “Store Send code.” If it is OST/PST, route the submission though the “Transport Send” code.

Please refer to the following link to learn more details:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_resource_kit/2013/08/14/the-mysterious-outlook-outbox/ 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 15, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Oleksii,

Welcome to our forum.

We will discuss this issue when outlook is online mode or cache mode: If it’s online, route the submission through the Exchange “Store Send code.” If it is OST/PST, route the submission though the “Transport Send” code.

Please refer to the following link to learn more details:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_resource_kit/2013/08/14/the-mysterious-outlook-outbox/ 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Friday, July 15, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Hi Oleksii,

Is there any update for this thread?

If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Monday, July 25, 2016 9:00 AM
  • Thanks for the link.

Link was very helpful.

Just one note for those who will try to find answer for the same question: read PDF attached at the bottom of the page for it contains more information than article itself.

Friday, August 19, 2016 1:40 PM