none
Delting recycle bin taking almost 5 minutes ! RRS feed

• Question

• Any idea why it would take that long ? I dont' recall it ever taking that long with Windows 7.

Could this instead be a hdd going bad and showing signs of bad sectors , causing sluggish seek for deletion ?

Finding the RIGHT sub forum, is ridiculously complex. I can't use Microsoft 'support' website for windows 8 because my 90 days is gone, so having used bing, this url name seemed the most logical place to go. Is there a reason there is no 'general ' questions, or maybe something like technical help vs aesthetics ? That would seem to make a lot more sense.

If I do a search for windows 8 forum I get windows8forum,and Ive seen people treated very rudely there, so that's off the radar completely. I even searched for windows 8 help,and that got me nowhere too for serious decent help, short of paying at support.microsoft.com which as noted above, is now no longer viable. Next time Im seriously thinking macosX given making it THIS complex to find clear help is shameful for microsoft ( note I used small case m here on purpose).

thx

lee

• Edited by gleej Friday, March 15, 2013 10:37 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 10:28 PM

Answers

• lee,

Those of us who answer questions on this forum (and probably all other forums) are strictly volunteers. We do NOT work for Microsoft. As I stated, this particular forum is dedicated to one specific Microsoft application. I'm not sure why you thought this particular forum was the "most logical place" since the URL explicitly says "projectprofessional2010general". My easiest response might have been to simply tell you your post was to the wrong forum and leave it at that. I went the extra mile and gave you a reference to forum better suited to helping you.

I agree, finding help for a problem is not always easy and quite frankly, I don't know of any shortcuts to get to the right place the first time - I rarely do myself when I have an issue. Hang in there and keep searching.

Good luck.

John

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:23 PM

All replies

• gleej,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with questions/issues about Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you look at the following to find a more appropriate forum for your needs:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads

John

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:49 AM
  • Ok, but I think its a bit ODD that you can't flatly recommend where I go for Microsoft support, and instead refer me to a place where I am only allowed to ask questions which then give me supposed answers as to where to go to ask said question. It sure seems a lot more complex than it needs to be ?

thx regardless.

lee

Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:00 AM
  • lee,

Those of us who answer questions on this forum (and probably all other forums) are strictly volunteers. We do NOT work for Microsoft. As I stated, this particular forum is dedicated to one specific Microsoft application. I'm not sure why you thought this particular forum was the "most logical place" since the URL explicitly says "projectprofessional2010general". My easiest response might have been to simply tell you your post was to the wrong forum and leave it at that. I went the extra mile and gave you a reference to forum better suited to helping you.

I agree, finding help for a problem is not always easy and quite frankly, I don't know of any shortcuts to get to the right place the first time - I rarely do myself when I have an issue. Hang in there and keep searching.

Good luck.

John

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Try:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w8itpro

• Proposed as answer by John - Project Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:26 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:15 PM
  • Thanks Julie,

John

Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:26 PM