none
Backup failed, error code "2155348010" and "One of the backup files could not be created RRS feed

• Question

• Although I see several related posts on this topic I'm not seeing an answer that addresses my Server 2008 R2 SP1 configuration, unless I'm missing it.  

I'm getting this error in the app log from Windows Backup when DPM 2012 is trying to make a system state/bare metal recovery snapshot.  The server is an HP blade with about 50% free disk space on drive c: - which is an internal drive, not an external USB.  The referenced hotfix doesn't seem to apply.  The VSS DPM backups of the volumes work fine, it's just the system state/bare metal that are failing.

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To see if this is a Windows backup issue, or a DPM replica (storage) issue, try the following

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

3) If that fails with the same error, off to windows support you go, else, see if your DPM storage pool disk has greater than 512 byte sectors (IE 4K sectors) - if so that is the problem because Windows server 2008 R2 backup cannot make .vhd files on drives with sectors >512 bytes.

You can Identify if the DPM storage pool disk is a 4k drive by doing the following:

MSInfo32 will identify the 4k native drive in Components/Storage/Disks with a Bytes/Sector = 4096

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:40 AM