Exchange Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• HI, I have a question

I have exchange server 2007 and Through powershell and want to create a script to restrict who can send messages to an Organizational Unit in Active Directory.

how I do this?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:46 PM

Answers

• You can't sent e-mail to an Organizational Unit.

Do you want to prevent someone from sending mail to mailboxes _within_ the OU? If that's it, try this:

get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited -organizationalunit <OU> | set-mailbox -rejectmessagesfrom user1

Keep in mind that this won't prevent "user1" from using an anonymous SMTP session to send messages to those mailboxes. If the session's anonymous then the message won't come from "user1".

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:45 AM

All replies

• Means You want to restrict users to send message to a Distribution Group ..  right   ?

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. ---------- MCITP - Exchange 2010 | MCITP - Windows Server 2008 R2

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:54 PM
  • no, We what need is restricted to one (1) user do not send emails to an OU of Active Directory 
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:58 PM
  • until now I have this...

Set-Mailbox-Identity "User8", "User9"-RejectMessagesFrom "user1" -OrganizationalUnit "ITS"

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:01 PM
  • You can't sent e-mail to an Organizational Unit.

Do you want to prevent someone from sending mail to mailboxes _within_ the OU? If that's it, try this:

get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited -organizationalunit <OU> | set-mailbox -rejectmessagesfrom user1

Keep in mind that this won't prevent "user1" from using an anonymous SMTP session to send messages to those mailboxes. If the session's anonymous then the message won't come from "user1".

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:45 AM
  • thank you very much!!!

another question: you have worked with 2007 Office system (SP2) Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX, ADML) and Office Customization?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:11 PM
  • For MS Office, I try to leave the desktop stuff to the desktop support folks. They seem to have their own ideas about the way things should work. As long as what they do doesn't cause more work for me I leave them alone.  :-)

But for server-side policies, yes, I've used policy templates.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:49 PM