none
dotNET 3.5 install for Embedded Standard? RRS feed

• Question

• having issues trying to install dotNET on Embedded Standard.

Add/Remove Programs is disabled, and offline dotNET installer tells me to use Add/Remove Programs to install dotNET.

I followed tutorial online for extracting and running setup with compatibility mode, but it fails at the last step; error log tells me to install with Add/Remove Programs.

Why does this have to be so difficult?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:28 AM

Answers

• Can you clarify Embedded Standard? Is this Windows Embedded Standard 7 or 8?

Windows Embedded is a customizable OS where an OEM can builds the image with specific features.

Are you building the image or is this an image supplied on a system? If the later, contact the manufacturer to have .NET added in.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:18 PM

All replies

• Can you clarify Embedded Standard? Is this Windows Embedded Standard 7 or 8?

Windows Embedded is a customizable OS where an OEM can builds the image with specific features.

Are you building the image or is this an image supplied on a system? If the later, contact the manufacturer to have .NET added in.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:18 PM
  • Do you need further assistance?

Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:33 PM