none
Reporting on Resource Engagements RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guru's,

I'm really happy with the new Resource Engagements in Project Online, but now I would like to create reports on the data. And it seems I'm missing some crucial data.

When I'm searching the OData feed to report on I can't find the "Compliant" field anywhere. This field was added without a description in Project Pro (hovering over with your mouse just gives you the name of the field, nothing more). But I think it tells us if a assignment is "compliant" with the engagements for the resources on the tasks (tested this and seems to be the case).

I already tried creating a custom enterprise field but this didn't work because [compliant] isn't accepted as field.

So how will I be able to report on not compliant engagements if the field isn't available?

On a sidenote:

Engagement status values in OData:

0 - Approved

1 - Proposed

3 - Confirmed

I could not find out if there is a value "2" or more numbers, can anyone direct me to the official statement about the values in this field?

Thanks for any information provided!

Erik van Hurck

Monday, November 23, 2015 3:25 PM

Answers

• Looking at https://servername/_api/ProjectData/$metadata seems that field is not yet present.

It is happening with other fields as well.

My advice is to contact Microsoft, and report that as a bug.

Cheers

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Erik,

Just in case if you are interested, still, here is the info on the status values.

0-      Committed (Approved)
    1-      Proposed
    2-      Draft (this only occurs when there is an engagement that hasn’t been submitted yet)
    3-      Rejected

Also, the Compliant field is not available in oData. We provided this feedback to the MS Team. Hopefully they will consider surfacing the field in future.

0-   

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:24 AM

All replies

• Looking at https://servername/_api/ProjectData/$metadata seems that field is not yet present.

It is happening with other fields as well.

My advice is to contact Microsoft, and report that as a bug.

Cheers

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Please mark this reply as an answer if this was valuable for you.

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:52 PM
  • João, I think Microsoft has a way to go before Resource engagements is as good as it's potential. Reporting is very important, can't believe Microsoft has overlooked this.

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:49 PM
  • Erik,

Just in case if you are interested, still, here is the info on the status values.

0-      Committed (Approved)
    1-      Proposed
    2-      Draft (this only occurs when there is an engagement that hasn’t been submitted yet)
    3-      Rejected

Also, the Compliant field is not available in oData. We provided this feedback to the MS Team. Hopefully they will consider surfacing the field in future.

0-   

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:24 AM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for providing the extra information, I couldn't find it anywhere else. Great that you have contacted MS on this.

Kind regards,

Erik

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:38 AM