Problems with Windows 10 photos RRS feed

• Question

• Having installed Windows 10 on my computer, I find I can't save my photos because ' I do not have permission!!  From whom do I get permission?

Also, it has downloaded all my photos (from 2005) to my Windows Phone.  I deleted a lot of them, but as soon as i plugged my phone into the computer it reinstalled them . I'm going on holiday and I want to take photos with my phone, but the memory is practically full with all the downloads I don't want.How do I stop Windows 10 downloading to my phone? Nokia Lumia 925.

Everything seems to take twice as long and it is constantly trying to sell me stuff.  

Monday, August 31, 2015 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Where you save your photos? If you have administrator account logged in, you could grant the permission to yourself or take the ownership of these photos. To save these photos to somewhere of your PC, you need have permissions of the location and the photos you need to save.  And sounds like your PC is attempting to sync the photos to your Lumia automatically, since we are not familiar with that, we’d suggest you post your issue at Lumia forum

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia?tab=Threads

There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with design of Windows Phone. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Friday, September 4, 2015 2:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:33 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Where you save your photos? If you have administrator account logged in, you could grant the permission to yourself or take the ownership of these photos. To save these photos to somewhere of your PC, you need have permissions of the location and the photos you need to save.  And sounds like your PC is attempting to sync the photos to your Lumia automatically, since we are not familiar with that, we’d suggest you post your issue at Lumia forum

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia?tab=Threads

There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with design of Windows Phone. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Friday, September 4, 2015 2:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:33 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 2:44 AM
  • I am having this same issue, I take pictures with MY camera, put them on MY computer, try to edit and replace them in the files that they came out of and get that same message, that I don't have permission to put MY pictures back into a file which I created, and asks me if I want to replace them in some arbitrary folder called ____(My name) folder. When I try to find this arbitrary folder I can't. In my opinion Windows 10 has hijacked my computer and my ability to edit and post pictures that I take. This is simply wrong. I should be able to do what ever I want with the pictures that I take and put on MY computer.
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:27 PM