Problems with activation code for windows vista home premium, "The product key you have entered does not appear to be valid with Windows Vista" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an HP Pavillion a1520n with (that had) Windows XP, recently (about 4 months ago) I upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. I activated it, used it for another couple of months and then decided to do a clean install. This, was due to a very serious problem I had with 3rd party software. In this case, a theme called VistaOSX'09, apparently, it messed with the regisrty and casued my system to get a couple of BlueScreens. So, i entered safemode, removed the file and afetr rebooting into normal mode, the Aero theme and the transparency were both gone. I tried all sorts of methods to enable it again but I was not able to do it. Now, performance, this is what was affected the most. It used to take about 10 Min for the system to boot. After this, any simple task such as oppening a web browser became a pain since it took a ridiculous amount of time to open. (I did not count the time but it surely was around 3 Min.) So there you have them, they are all the reasons why I decided to make a clean install of the OS. After doing it, it prompted me to enter the activation code, as it did the first time, so, I entered the code that came in the Windows Vista Home Premium package and got the message, "The product key you have entered does not appear to be valid with Windows Vista" I carefully checked the code, tried again, re-typed it, and still got the same message. I don't understand what the problem is, I was using this code before I did the clean install. So please, if anybody knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Marco.

• Moved by ashawani_dubey Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:08 PM not related to bookmark (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:53 AM

Answers