Acer Travelmate battery charging problem RRS feed

• Question

• I use Windows XP on 3yr old Acer Travelmate with a 6 month old battery.

I FACE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT KIND OF PROBLEM.

When my laptop is ON and power CHARGING, it behaves strangely when the battery reaches a certain percentage charge (around 92% and more).

It Starts to disconnect charging process and reconnects again and then disconnects and then again reconnects.......and the process goes on and off and on and off...............until i have to unplug my power charger because of the annoying windows beeps.

Its as if like I am removing my plug and plugging it again and removing it and then back again...so on..

Here, the charging works perfectly for a certain while, until the point of time when this ON and OFF and ON and OFF process starts to begin. I'm pretty sure its not the problem of over heating. I'VE EVEN CHECKED WITH ANOTHER OLD BATTERY, resulting in the same problem

Have any one of you faced a similar problem to mine? Any suggestions?

Regards Joel

Monday, August 9, 2010 1:53 PM

Answers

• HI,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a Windows XP related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Meanwhile, as this could be a hardware related issue, I would suggest involve Acer support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 13, 2010 7:36 AM