none
Interrupt BCWS RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know a way to interrupt BCWS allocation for down-time periods? I tried to use a split task. But, the BCWS last earned before the split simply repeats over the down time periods. 

RobVV

Sunday, March 6, 2016 7:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

The BCWS is the cumulative baseline cost. Thus it is populated once you save the baseline, and will not change if you split the task. The only way will be to split the task and then save the baseline. You could select the given task and just add this task to the existing baseline. Then your BCWS will be calculated accordingly like the image below:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

The BCWS is the cumulative baseline cost. Thus it is populated once you save the baseline, and will not change if you split the task. The only way will be to split the task and then save the baseline. You could select the given task and just add this task to the existing baseline. Then your BCWS will be calculated accordingly like the image below:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Thank you, Guillaume. It appears that the BCWS appears throughout the task's timeline whether you split and baseline or baseline and split. I can detect split tasks with VBA. So, I'll write a routine that reports on the split periods as zero BCWS. That leaves the .mpp file as is but presents the data in the form that I require.

RobVV

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:22 PM