none
Update Resource Information where all his assignments are listed in single box RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes we get the Project plan from clients with type of resources required and their assignments on the tasks. Based on number of tasks and work hrs. we decide on our cost quotation; Is it possible to have any view in MS Project 2010 where in I can easily see a Resource, his cost, ALL tasks he is assigned with assignment dates and also have flexibility to edit the cost, overtime etc. on the same page.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess you are just looking for a way to edit a resouce's information where-in you can view all his tasks, if this is the query then this could be done by build-in feature of the tool itself. Open the plan go to Resource Sheet, Click on Resource Tab in the top ribbon and then click on Detail Icon it split the screen at bottom, it shows all tasks of selected resource in the resource sheet. It gives you option to view all tasks detail and flexibility to edit some fields of resource like - Cost, Over time, Name, Calendar, Max Unit etc. Other then that it has next (and previous) button(s) to keep clicking on it and viewing other resources in Resource Sheet.

Hope this is what you were looking for or still do need more help in terms of getting any View/Table set for this.

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Thanks for the Feedback.

"Detail" feature is a Resource based option, that is the reason it is fully activated in Resource Views while partially activated in Task Views.

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess you are just looking for a way to edit a resouce's information where-in you can view all his tasks, if this is the query then this could be done by build-in feature of the tool itself. Open the plan go to Resource Sheet, Click on Resource Tab in the top ribbon and then click on Detail Icon it split the screen at bottom, it shows all tasks of selected resource in the resource sheet. It gives you option to view all tasks detail and flexibility to edit some fields of resource like - Cost, Over time, Name, Calendar, Max Unit etc. Other then that it has next (and previous) button(s) to keep clicking on it and viewing other resources in Resource Sheet.

Hope this is what you were looking for or still do need more help in terms of getting any View/Table set for this.

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:14 PM
  • PERFECT, it sufficed my requirement. I inserted same Detail thing in my Gantt View but its Next & Previous buttons are not working, any reasons?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Thanks for the Feedback.

"Detail" feature is a Resource based option, that is the reason it is fully activated in Resource Views while partially activated in Task Views.

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:43 PM